Theodore ‘Ted’ Sablay is an American guitarist, keyboardist and vocalist. He has played over 400 concerts with The Killers as a contracted touring musician and is the lead guitarist for the current Killers' tour supporting their latest album, "Wonderful Wonderful."
Sablay was born in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, where he studied classical piano and guitar before moving to Las Vegas. In 2006, Sablay was invited by the Killers to play on their Sam’s Town world tour and continues to work with the band. For the past nine years, Sablay has also been teaching private lessons on guitar, piano, bass, music theory and songwriting.
WRITING AND RECORDING CREDITS
- Contributing writer for "We're Going To Hell" by the The (RED) Pack - The Killers, Bono, Jimmy Kimmel, Julia Roberts, Kristen Bell, DJ Khaled, Channing Tatum, Neil Patrick Harris and Halsey.
- Keyboards on “Sam’s Town” and “Romeo and Juliet” on the Killers’ album, Sawdust
- Guitarist and bassist - select songs on "The Desired Effect," the 2015 solo album by Killers' singer Brandon Flowers
- Bassist on select songs for Big Talk, the first solo album by Killers’ drummer Ronnie Vannucci
- Recording engineer on select songs for the Killers’ album, Day and Age
- Consultant on Flamingo, the first solo album by Killers’ singer Brandon Flowers
- M.S. Accounting, University of Nevada Las Vegas.
- Dual B.A. Anthropology and Asian Studies, Magna cum Laude, University of Nevada Las Vegas.
TOURING HIGHLIGHTS WITH THE KILLERS
- 2017-Present Wonderful Wonderful Tour (50+ concerts)
- 2014-2017 Hiatus Tour (50+ concerts)
- 2012-2013 Battle Born world tour (145+ concerts)
- 2006-2007 Sam’s Town world tour (180+ concerts)
- White House performance for President Barack Obama
- Sold-out performances at Wembley Stadium, Madison Square Garden and Staples Center
- Performance with Paul McCartney
- Saturday Night Live
- Late Night with David Letterman
- Stephen Colbert
- Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Headlining spot at Glastonbury festival
- Five MTV Music Video Awards Shows